Our Reviews

Most Recent Posts First - Previous Reviews are listed under the Blog Archive on the right hand side.
__________________________________________

Monday, May 21, 2007

Category Romances

There is a place for every genre, every storyline, and every reader in romance. I tend to enjoy contemps and paranormals, myself. Throw some down and dirty sex in there and I am in LOVE! Lately, however, I have rediscovered my roots. I was born into the world of romance from the pages of 1980s Harlequins. I loved the smell of them (they remind me of my Granny I pilfered them from) and I love the instant gratification I get when I escape into one. There is nothing better than a hero and heroine that defy all the odds and live happily ever after, especially if I can read it all in one sitting. Quickies can be soooo satisfying. I even have a preferred plot. I like when there is a demandingboss and a shy/misunderstood employee. Oooh, make him Greek, Arabic, or Australian and I am not coming up for air!

Do you have a favorite plotline for a quick read? What is your take on category romances?? Share!

Thia

1 comment:

Livia said...

I am a sucker for the Betty Neels novels. Whenever I'm in a funk, I'll pull a copy of one of her 100 or so books that Ihave on my shelf and read a good Holland doctor/nurse storyline. If it's a marriage of convenience story so much the better. I love the Harlequin/Silhouette line for their marriage of convenience stories. Especially those written in the 70s and 80s. They are to this day superb in my opinion.

Livia