Our Reviews

Most Recent Posts First - Previous Reviews are listed under the Blog Archive on the right hand side.
__________________________________________

Friday, August 11, 2006

books made into movies

Recently I've noticed that a number of books are being made into movies. I find this interesting on a number of levels. One does that mean that writers now have a higher chance of seeing their books on the big screen? Will this effect how books are written in any way?

I have no seen most of these new movies, like THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. I haven't read the book either. But the few movies I've seen that where books, namely Danielle Steele's books and Linda Howard's LOVING EVANGLINE. They just lost something in the translation. So it makes me wonder how is it that in romance, women's fiction something seems to get lost,but with a Stephen King novel that doesn't happen?

Is it something in the writing or is is something about reading the stories that we all add what we want and somethings producers just don't understand that?

I'm curious if there is one book you've read recently you'd love to see made into a movie. What book and why?

Is there a book you hope they never attempt to make into a movie because you know it'll be bad?

What are your feelings on books into movies overall?

WendyK

No comments: