Our Reviews

Most Recent Posts First - Previous Reviews are listed under the Blog Archive on the right hand side.
__________________________________________

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

When is enough enough and it's time to end a series?

If you are like me, you adore series and connected stories. But when is enough enough already and it's time to end the series? Is there ever a point when a series needs to be brought to an end and the characters' stories all tied up? Or do you want it all left open and the series continuing on?

At one point I thought it was time to end the Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich,then she came out with book 12 and I was hooked again. Now I want more from these characters. But does that mean that the series should run forever?

Is there a series that has been going on too long?

What series do you hope never ends?

I find I like series and as long as the author continues to write good stories I will continue to read, but I want the characters to grow and their world to expand.

WendyK

No comments: